I am a teacher and probably always will be!
From school teaching Maths and Physics; to being a Sailing and Climbing Instructor.
More recently as a First Aid Trainer.
And other skills working to train Army Cadets.
And now passing on knowledge of Internet based businesses.
Recently I undertook an Online Course to improve my Time Management. Part of the course gave me an Introduction to what is known as the Pomodoro Technique. I know this sounds very exotic but it is simple really – and it works.
Pomodoro is an Italian word for Tomato. Francesco Cirillo used a Tomato shaped Timer as he developed his ideas, hence the name.
It is probably one of the simplest Productivity Methods to implement.
- Choose a task to be accomplished.
- Set the Pomodoro Timer for 25 minutes.
- Work on the task until the timer rings – no distractions!
- Take a short break; tea, coffee, water, bathroom, gaze out of the window.
- Every 4 ‘Pomodoros’ take a longer break.
For me, I find the 5 minute short breaks are good for a dozen reps on dumbbells or for squats.
Find out more about Francesco Cirillo here.