Ok so things weren’t going so well in Casablanca.
Decision made – move on.
New challenges and all that sort of thing. I was about to fly back to the UK and regroup, then an old friend contacted me.
“Do you still teach Physics?”
“If I need to.”
“I just had a Physics teacher quit at my school, send me your CV.”
Two days later, interviewed and a job offer came. Cool, a steady income, cash flow, while building everything else.
Covid meant travel restrictions and special permission to travel from the government. It’s the Brave New World. No real problem.
After a few weeks teaching remotely, with a 3 hour time lag (0430 for me was 0730 for them), my permission letter came, which meant book a flight, organise a Covid test and time to move. My flight was booked for 27th September.
Delayed at Casablanca, over permission to fly. Same issue in Istanbul. However I did finally arrive early morning, 28th September.
Nobody told me there was a war!