Driving traffic to a site can be very difficult if the SEO is not working! Therefore it is important to consider the elements that work against creating optimum SEO ranking.
The following are some tips on what to avoid:
• The use of wrong keywords will definitely contribute to the failure to get the desired SEO rankings. It cannot be emphasized enough the importance of the right keywords needed for the ideal amount of traffic to be directed to the site. High value keywords will generate the high level of click, which in turn will contribute to the high rate of traffic to your site.
• Forgetting to include “alt” tags for the images can have detrimental results. As the search engine is predominantly unable to detect and understand image presentations or contents for ranking purposes, providing the “alt” would overcome this problem. Imagery is a very important content matter to be included in any site, thus this importance should be adequately understood by the SEO tool.
• Duplicating contents is another thing to be carefully avoided at all cost. It does not benefit in anyway; besides showing the low commitment level of the site host it also does not get any positive reactions from the SEO and it may even result in some sort of penalization.
• The use of poor anchor tags not only does not entice the viewer to venture further into your site it also does not provide the SEO with the relevant information about the material content of the links. Without this connection there is little chance of enhancing the ranking exercise to positively reflect your site’s content.
• Overuse of keywords is also something to be avoided as this would not only render the material boring and monotonously repetitive in content but it would also cause the search engine to penalize your site for such unproductive activities.
Any comments or thoughts that could help us?